Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Flowers Week 1-3 {Cake Flowers}

My mom and I decided to take the second course in the cake classes. We learned how to do many different flowers.

I combined classes 1-3 in one blog then I'll have a final blog for my final cake.

Together with my Mom and Mother-in-law we will make some more fondant flowers for the rehearsal cake next month.


Above: Is the fondant flowers (I like the ones on the right more).

Below: Is the ball of gum paste (to make is hard) and fondant (for color) rolled together.


More of the fondant flowers, which aren't put together yet.




This is the start of the fondant flowers from the left side on the first photo of the blog.


These were moms flowers which are the same as the ones on the left in the first photo.




These flowers are made from royal icing with the addition of sprinkles.


Here are some rosebuds and one other flowers. The purple are mine and yellow my moms.


Lillies (white) and violets (purple) also made from royal icing.


Yellow daffodils with royal icing.


I made tons of the violets and used different sprinkles. Wish I had more time in class to have made more daffodils.


Another shot of the violets.



More to come: The FINAL cake from course two; my bridal shower

No comments:

Post a Comment