Friday, August 12, 2011

Final cake {Cake basics}

My mom and I had our final class for basics on Wednesday and we learned how to do writing and roses. I Choose not to use any writing on my final cake, but I did make 30 roses in six different colors. It took almost 45 mins to makes all 30 of them.

I took photos again while we were making the cakes, filling them and coloring the icing.

Here is the icing in the mixer with a slow shutter speed to make the spinner blurry.


All the different Wilton colors I have. Micheal's and Joann's has a bigger selection, but Walmart was a bit cheaper (as they are with any other Wilton products we needed).



I wasn't too happy with the lavender purple which was made so I added some blue in with the purple to make it a darker purple, although the photo makes it look a bit more blue than purple, but it person it was just the right purple for me.


And here all the knifes with the colors of the rainbow.


This is a neat little tool (also found at Walmart) it cuts the extra hump off or cuts the cake in half with a perfect slice. Yes some could do this with a knife, but I have never been able to cut a straight line.


I made a lemon cake and mom bought some lemon curd, that I found in the store. It was so yummy.


The icing sitting in the fridge waiting for class.



Part of the final cake. A close-up on the different colored roses with green leaves. Since purple is my fave color I did one purple then a different color and so on.


Another shot of the final cake.




More to come: More from cake class "Flower" (after we start); More from the 365 project.

No comments:

Post a Comment