Monday, August 8, 2011

Basics cake decorating class

My mom and I started a class at a local crafting store for basics cake decorating. During week two we had to bake, cut, fill, ice and decorate a cake.

Throughout the process I photographed each step.

Here is the final product.

The icing pre-colored.


The cake in the oven.


After being cut I placed a dam of icing around the edge of the cake and used confetti icing as my filler in this cake (since it's my fave).


I placed the top layer back on and began to ice the cake.


Finished and ready to decorate in class.


Using piping gel to get the shape before adding the icing.


Cut and ready to eat.


One of the other girls did the other design which was a fish.




More to come: Week 3 was cupcakes; week 4 final cake with flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment